Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New blinkers and CUT windshield. What you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New blinkers and CUT windshield. What you think?

thumbnail_IMG_1909.jpg
    After riding with no windshield. I cut down the huge one that came on it. I then installed new blinker lights. I am thinking about having the windshield wrapped. Maybe with just black vinyl not to sure. What do you guys think? How do you like the blinkers.

Old new

thumbnail_IMG_1910.jpgOld New

Comment

thumbnail_IMG_1911.jpgA little smaller

Comment

In the first picture, it's hard to see either one.

What do I think? Let's just say that if anyone hits you and uses the standard "I didn't see him" excuse, I would believe him.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I seem to be in the constant search for more lighting to make me visible to those who drive 4 wheeled vehicles.
          IF this smaller light has greater output...then good for you..if NOT ..? Best wishes as well...

Comment

Maybe it's my age creeping in, or my overriding respect for authority, but the spacing on lights is there for a reason. I know putting them inboard to the stock ones wouldn't be legal here, and might place them too close to the rear running/tail/brake light to make them visible when operating. Perhaps they are bright enough to do the job though, but I'm siding with Steve and Wingsconsin on this one.

I have a similar plexifairing to yours, and after riding naked for a goodly long while, actually like the size. Not so big to create a burbling bubble in the rider's position (the passenger notices though) and I don't find myself looking through it either.

I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean by wrapping it in black vinyl. Just the bottom? The sides? The whole thing? I think it'd bother me while riding, and might actually take away from the lines of the bike, too. However, if it looks good to you, and it doesn't affect your sight lines, then go for it.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by 82'GS650 View Post
              What do you guys think? How do you like the blinkers.
              I agree with the others that it's hard to see them, but only because the picture is so small. Larger pics would sure be nice for those of us with old(er) eyes. Don't let those poo-pooing about the spacing or size bother you, I rode for years with no signal lights at all in a city of 600,000 and had no issues with it one way or the other. Cagers are generally so stupid and blind that you need to assume invisibility on your part, regardless of your lighting situation. For those that care, no signals is legal here and you just use hand signals instead.

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
              Maybe it's my age creeping in, or my overriding respect for authority, but the spacing on lights is there for a reason.
              I find the older I get the less respect I have for authority. The vast majority of our rules are arbitrary garbage put in place by busybody's that have nothing better to do than worry about how other people are living their lives and it is very hard to have any respect for that at all.

Mark
              1982 GS1100E
              1998 ZX-6R
              2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Don't stop cutting.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

They are pretty small but bright. I have friends that ride with out blinkers all the time so like Matt said I just think that no one can see me anyways.
                  As for wrapping the windshield. I really only want to do it to cover up the imperfections from cutting it. But from a far you can not really see them anyways. Might rock it clear for a while.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    Don't stop cutting.
                    Hahahaha I aint never going to stop cutting!!

Comment

You'll have a hard time being seen even by those who are actually looking for you
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

are you calling it a "build"?
                        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
                          BWWAWAWawawawawawahahahahahahahaaha
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
                            Not really calling it anything. Just a customization lol

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                              BWWAWAWawawawawawahahahahahahahaaha
                              Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                              X