GS450 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 Tank

I'm looking at a GS450 complete rebuild project. The frame and most metal are in good shape with the notable exception of the fuel tank and seat pan.

I haven't seen many posted and is hate to have to spend 5X the price of the bike for those 2 parts. It seems that the fuel tank is popular because of the size and knee dents.

Anyway. How obtainable are these pieces?

recently, I ought a 1983 GS450GA that needed a tank and seat. I found a good tank (scratches & ext rust, clean inside, no dents) on E-Bay for $100. Also a very nice used seat for $50. Keep looking, be patient. they show up

Comment

OK. Thanks. FWIW this is a 1980 and I've not bought her (yet). Brakes are seized but the motor is still sealed and there's only 9k on the clock. Forks look great.

I guess I'll try to bring the price down a bit a pull the trigger if the oil isn't full of water/rust once I peek into the case.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I didn't pay much for mine. No key, no title, didn't run. New key $35, new title $45, new battery $100, tank & seat $150, repaired stator wires $0. Waiting for new tires. Came with good looking set but they are 12 years old. Last time it was tagged. Runs great (used an Ultrasonic for the carbs)

Comment

Originally posted by smilinbrad View Post
          I didn't pay much for mine. No key, no title, didn't run. New key $35, new title $45, new battery $100, tank & seat $150, repaired stator wires $0. Waiting for new tires. Came with good looking set but they are 12 years old. Last time it was tagged. Runs great (used an Ultrasonic for the carbs)
          That seems to be the same boat I'm in right now.

Comment

Working...
          X