Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the link gorminrider.

Comment

Potato I am not going to bash you for your choice in styling path. It is your bike, do what makes you happy.
      Being that most of the guys that responded that they wanted a plusher seat have larger 850cc and larger bikes that are better for long distance. Take what they say with a grain of salt, as your 450 is happier running around town.
      I am sure when the day comes that i am at a riding stage of my bike, they will get their ribs in with me too.
      Everyone here has good intentions, but also kind of stuck in our ways.
      Just remember this is the internet and people are more inclined to get cheap shots in when they can, but i would be willing to say that any of these guys would gladly ride with you anytime. Prove me wrong guys, I dare you. Its the bike life, enjoy it.

I being a younger ****, have not reached the cruiser life yet like them.
      In the end, your bike is your bike and an expression of who you are when you are willing to tackle putting your personal touch on it.

Comment

and, you can toss a sheepskin on it for longer trips.

Comment

I ma not going to bash your bike as it is yours and what you like. I kind of like the Brat look lately. I am making a bobber out of my 82 1100,which I am sure a lot of people don't agree with but it's about getting out there and enjoying what you love, riding.

Comment

I made a `brat style seat' out of fiberglass resin for my GS450L. I think it looks pretty cool. I also have a stock L seat that I cut down the hump on and put a new cover on, and just bought a GS450T seat (that has a lesser hump) for more of a honda CB type look. I use them for different things. If I want it to look cool then yeah I put the `brat seat on'. But anytime I'm going more than around town I put on one of the other seats.

I'm 6' 2'' and on my `brat seat' my knees sit up really high and I find that my back is a little more arched and I have slightly worse handling of the bike. More than 30 mins on that thing (the foam I used isn't great) starts hurting my butt. I use it sometimes anyway though since it does look was cooler (IMO) than my other seats.
            1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
            1977 GS550
            1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Working...
            X