78 GS 400 Sissy Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 GS 400 Sissy Bar

When I first bought my GS 400 last year- It had a nice sissy bar and pad. But, the pad fell off while I was riding. I'm not sure if the bar was stock or not, but it looked very nice- It was a rouned A type shape. The pad fit nicely in the top rounded frame.

If you know where I could get a replacement pad or how I could make one, that'd be great.

thanks

hey, you wouldn't mind taking pictures would you? I want a sissy bar for my GS400, and mounting shaping ideas would be awesome. Thanks in advance

Comment

It's easy to make one.

Het a piece of plywood and cut it to fit the outside loop of that bar.

Get some black leather, or pleather. Cut a pad out of anti-fungal padding that fits the outside of the bar, on the other side of the plywood.

Paint the plywood a nice gloss black, or color match to the leather you chose. Mount the plywood to the bar, drill a couple of holes if needed. Threaded holes make removal easier.

Wrap leather around pad, and around the bar, staple to the plywood with aphoulstry tacks or staples. (Tacks look nicer, BTW.)

Simple, firm pad that looks pretty decent. I don;t have the KZ400 I did it to many many moons ago to take a pic of, but it did look nice, and cost me near nothing.
      Well, it cost me a tanning from Grandma, I cut the pad out of one of her old lawn chair pads.... but you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
      X