pinstripe gs850g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pinstripe gs850g

sorry guys I know this is a stupid question and I look every where to find this with no luck. I have a 1979 gs850g it is the super dark navy or black, I swear its just black, and it has the baby blue & gold pinstipe I have looked ever where for this combo pinstriping with no luck, I just want to use some on a after market fairing. if anyone has any ideas please please let me know
    It’s my bike I’ll run it in the ground if I want to

Just went through this type thing. Have a DARK GREEN REPAINT and wanted 1/4" gold/gold pinstripes. The one pinstripe is wider than the other and there is clear between. Anyway, Scotchcal Striping Tape is supposed to be the best quality. I used some I bought local but it was made in the USA. You can google Scotchcal Striping Tape 1/4" blue gold and this is one of the options I quickly found:

3M Scotchcal Striping Tape 72625, Gold Starfire, 1/4 in x 150 ft

http://www.hillas.com/Categories/Scotchcal/3M-Scotchcal-Striping-Tape-72625-Gold-Starfire-1-4-in-x-150-ft.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwwry8BRDjsbjMpPSDvagBEiQA5oW0 nMn39BAOEWvEIEjHh1wZE2AJ540G2je7yuJo5bDuBvkaAvWg8P 8HAQ

Sorry about the long link... you may find a less expensive source but this stuff comes in a lifetime supply length
    roll. Now... NO tape will make a very sharp bend. You put the tape on OVER clear and not under according to
    the experts as it will lift in heat if applied under clear and ruin the clear. Having said that, check this Youtube video:

In this quick video, I show you how to pinstripe a motorcycle tank. I show you exactly how it's done.What we're using here is Prostripe. If you've never hear...

The point of the video's helpfulness is that it shows how to join ends to give the work a seamless look. I was kind
    of baffled on how to use the vinyl tape prior to watching. One thing I would like to add to the video, you may want
    to use some of that blue masking tape to make a template to follow on curved surfaces such as the top of the tank.
    I did not and just free-handed it and it isn't perfect for that reason. I can pull the tape off and redo it as I still have
    a bunch of tape (they gave me 12 yards in my roll).

Here is my work I finished last week:

5.jpg

If you do this and can't find the OEM blue/gold combo, you may want to try gold/gold like I did or some other combo
    like gold/silver, etc. Good luck.

Comment

wow love that dark green great looking bike
      It’s my bike I’ll run it in the ground if I want to

Comment

Thanks! I like the dark green (known in places as British Racing Green) and red. My two favorites. I am not fond of black generally but the 82 GS1100G in black with the gold stripes is super-classy. Guess the right color is in the eye of the beholder, as they say since folks like most all colors.

Comment

Working...
        X