Fork Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Boots

Looking at putting on some fork boots on my 82 GS1100GL. Anyone have any pics?

I believe forks are 37mm.

Thanks

You have a source for them? I hear that boots for Rancho shock absorbers are only a few bucks at the auto parts store.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

There's some Volvo steering arm boots that fit well too, can't remember which model.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Volvo 440, 460, 480 manual steering rack boots...
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          Volvo 440, 460, 480 manual steering rack boots...
          Wish I had an Ebay page there'd probably be a new "Suzuki Fork Boots" For sale IF I did. LOL.
          Those look nice!

Comment

Cost? Just go right over?

Comment

Don't know about the Volvo boots, but click HERE and see the Google Search results that show the Rancho boots for about $7.50.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The Volvo boots are a perfect fit over the tops of the lower sliders, and a slightly slack fit on the stanchions, so will fit up to 41mm legs, iwt.
                I'm not complaining, as the new price was 30usd and my price was 2usd as NOS for a model of car that was fast disappearing from the streets.
                There are lots of other cars with suitable boots in similar NOS situations, so parts are dirt cheap.
                I'll mention that these boots I got are ten times the quality of the cheap motorcycle gaiters I got that cost much more.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                X