No announcement yet.

Header Paint Choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how it holds up under prolonged high heat, though.

Riding Vintage is about American motorcycles built before 1965. It contains articles on vintage racing, tech, history, and vintage photography.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
      OK, instead 'liked', how about I ask if anybody has a paint that they were happy with? I don't expect ceramic coating type of results from rattle can paint, but it would be nice to know if there were some choices out there that offer a decent value and work as advertised.

Mark
      sorry, I don't mean to be "semantical"-actually, I think it's pretty good that it stays on at all and I'm "happy". GOOD results have to be in the prep as london-boards and others said...but putting stuff in my kitchen oven trying to follow the can's directions,precisely isn't going to happen. Mind you, the laser-temperature reader has helped me cook it on a quite a bit better.

Comment

To me the problem was always the heat cycling to get it cured. I don't do that. I rattle can it on, usually the VHT, and after it sets I take it out on the road for it's 1st heating. All highway, keep it moving, for 25-30 miles, and it cures very nicely with no blistering. Holds up pretty good.

Comment

GSCafe thats not a bad price for ceramic coating. I got quoted $500 for the custom exhaust that i designed for my bike when i get to that stage. Which will probably go up, since i am still in teardown stage. I just pulled my 1100 motor-nowhere near as hard as some videos on youtube made it seem. Granted i am going back to 4-2 pipes, i like the symmetry(besides the fact that i can run thinner sleeker pipes).

Comment

The laser-temperature gun was an education...it gets beyond curing temperature at the engine really quick- a minute or so (less maybe!). Trying to do Curing Cycles on the bike can only be as in: "moving" the curing temperature along the pipe with many startups if it works at all ( it does seem to help though)......If I try to cure it on the road, it's always a smokin' fail at the first stop sign .

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
              The laser-temperature gun was an education...it gets beyond curing temperature at the engine really quick- a minute or so (less maybe!). Trying to do Curing Cycles on the bike can only be as in: "moving" the curing temperature along the pipe with many startups if it works at all ( it does seem to help though)......If I try to cure it on the road, it's always a smokin' fail at the first stop sign .
              I live right off the interstate. I can ride as far as I like without stopping, and a 25 -30 minute ride does the trick just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by edgeofvamp View Post
                GSCafe thats not a bad price for ceramic coating. I got quoted $500 for the custom exhaust that i designed for my bike when i get to that stage. Which will probably go up, since i am still in teardown stage. I just pulled my 1100 motor-nowhere near as hard as some videos on youtube made it seem. Granted i am going back to 4-2 pipes, i like the symmetry(besides the fact that i can run thinner sleeker pipes).

Maybe you can get the same price if you pay shipping both ways. Call and ask. They have lots of colors too.

Comment

Working...
                X