bar-end mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bar-end mirrors

Ever since I switched to flatter bars I've had a great view of my shoulders, moving slowly down to my arms. Does anyone know of a decent pair of bar-end mirrors that's not too expensive? Napoleons have been recommended here, but I would prefer something round for looks. Maybe I would change my mind if someone posted a pic of their bike with Napoleon mirrors.

I've heard people use bicycle mirrors, but I wonder if they are really up to the job.

Pics??

-Graeme

I put superbike bars on my 80gs1000e and was having to look at my shoulders also. I got the EMGO bar ends which are $11.99 each, Not $30.00 each. A little cheaper but perhaps not as nice as the Napoleons. I like them, now I can see! Look sharp too, very adjustable.

Only round ones I've seen are like those bicycle/harley bar ends you mentioned. I can't imagine that they give you a very good look....mirror is very small. I do not like those at all. They are very expensive too...

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...eafCatId=21706

Comment

I also got the EMGO mirrors but replaced the metal mounting bit with the rubber bushing from a set of Bar-end weights. More shock absorption and much more stable at high speeds now.

Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
        I also got the EMGO mirrors but replaced the metal mounting bit with the rubber bushing from a set of Bar-end weights. More shock absorption and much more stable at high speeds now.

Dm of mD
        I've been needing to do that mod. I know of a few guys that have done it. My bar end mirrors are a total blur on the road. Yeah, I can see cars and lights but they are getting vibed out big time!

Comment

The rubber bar end bushings will cure that.

Dm of mD

Comment

Ken Sean Bar End Mirrors

"Medium-flat convex mirror reflects the biggest picture for a small-frame mirror.Heavy-duty internal expanding [rubber] bar-end mounting system fits 7/8" bars securely.Multi-adjustable ratchet and ball assembly ensures vibration-free rear view on any bike.Easy mountingFits both right and left."

I bought a pair of these $28.00 CDN each, not only do they have little vibration for a clear view they also dampened my bars and helped reduce the vibration to my hands. I am very happy with these mirrors and recommend them highly. They look much like the EMGO mirrors but come with the rubber bushing, no need to modify.

Comment

Ooh, where can we get them?
              Do they come in black?

Dm of mD

Comment

Dm, are you going for the coveted "6 mirror" look?

Comment

DM, They do come in Black I got mine from T.O. Cycle salvage in Toronto [http://www.motorbiketoronto.com/index.jsp]. They do not list them on the website you will likely have to call or e-mail for more info.

Comment

Working...
                  X