Will this fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this fit?

I've been looking around lately for some crash bars to [hopefully] protect some appearance mods I will be making if I go down or drop the bike. Will the one pictured here work with my bike? If not, could anyone make a reccomendation? Thanks for all of your help guys!

IM not sure if those would do too much if you went down (might help if you just dropped it).

Those footpegs are different make-up than a lot of the highway bars that are much stronger for impact/abrasion.

Comment

They don't seem to be "crash" bars.
      Reading the add, nothing about crash prevention, just a place to mount highway pegs.
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Those will not work as engine/case guards (I cringe when I hear the term 'crash bars') because they are not reinforced in any manner. You want something made with square or round tubing. As stated, those are only for a place to put your feet up some, it is indeed nice to be able to move you foot/leg position from time to time.

Rick 8)

Comment

GSJoe: try this Link.

Note: I am not affiliated with these people or products.

Rick 8)

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies!

Originally posted by MrRick
            GSJoe: try this Link.

Note: I am not affiliated with these people or products.

Rick 8)
            Special thanks go to you, MrRick. I checked out that page and didn't see anything for my model/year but I might contact them.

Comment

at least you get the idea with shape and whatnot. highway bars should jut out a lot like that (now that we know)

Comment

Working...
              X