New fender upgrade...any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New fender upgrade...any thoughts?

Im a Telecom Tech and while working at a customer's house I noticed he had a bike fender tucked away in the corner. When I asked 20170912_173424.jpgwhat it was from he told me it was from an 83 Goldwing but it looked more like a Harley fender. He asked if I wanted to buy it and I said how much and he said 50$. Figured it didn't fit I could surely get my cash back by reselling it cause it was brand new. I put it on my GS1100 but Im not sure if I like it yet. What do y'all think?

20170912_173602.jpg

Another pic

Comment

Not my cup of tea from that image. Any shots of the whole bike with it?

Comment

That type of fender works (looks) better with a fully-equipped bike. If your GK still had the fairing, bags and trunk, it would look OK. Different, but OK.

Comment

If your bike leaked oil, was really slow, really expensive, was black, hung around other bikes that all looked the same and/or cruised around Sturgis. I say yes, looks great.

Comment

It's your bike; so do whatever the hell you deem good-lookin' - I wouldn't put it on mine.
            #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
            #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
            #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
              If your bike leaked oil, was really slow, really expensive, was black, hung around other bikes that all looked the same and/or cruised around Sturgis. I say yes, looks great.
              Hahaha. Well I did fix my oil leak. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
                That type of fender works (looks) better with a fully-equipped bike. If your GK still had the fairing, bags and trunk, it would look OK. Different, but OK.
                I agree. ....

Comment

Yeah Im gonna stick with my original fender. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post
                    Yeah Im gonna stick with my original fender. Thanks.
                    Sounds like the best decision you have made.
                    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

Looks great to me, but if you knew what I was doing with mine...

Comment

Originally posted by Motojoe2492 View Post
                        Looks great to me, but if you knew what I was doing with mine...
                        Well you might get a great deal on a GL fender with that reply.
                        GSRick
                        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                          Well you might get a great deal on a GL fender with that reply.

How do you mean? XD My idea didn't work for mine so I'm on the market for a dirtbike front fender

Comment

My HD fender? It's a 750 frame,but a 1100 front end?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X