Mystery part....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery part....

Hi all. Does anyone know what this part is called, and where I might get one? Is my '93 U.S. model even supposed to have one? I've checked the parts fiche on Suzuki Partshouse for all three years that this bike was sold in the U.S., and I was not able to find it. Perhaps it's on bikes that were sold in Europe?

Suzuki GSX1100G PS1.jpg

I couldn't find them in a quick run through the GSX1100G fiche, but on its little brother the VX800, they're called "COVER, FRAME HEAD RH" and "COVER, FRAME HEAD LH" and they appear on the frame fiche.

https://www.alpha-sports.com is a good resource for looking up parts that are probably no longer available -- they include all part numbers, and if a part has been superceded they'll step through each new part number. Too bad their prices are nutso.

Doing a quick Google image search, it looks like it's a part not used in the US. You see it on bikes from Europe, Australia, the UK, etc. but not the US.

Here we are: yep, it's a UK/Euro part - #18 on this diagram:
    Suzuki GSX1100G M-R (91-94) | 1991-1994 GSX1100G (M-R) | All Colours | FRAME with fast delivery to United States. Available at Fowlers Parts, the UK's No.1 Motorcycle Parts Supplier.
    Last edited by bwringer; 03-23-2018, 10:18 PM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      Here we are: yep, it's a UK/Euro part - #18 on this diagram:
      https://us.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/...100g-m-r/frame
      That makes sense: if you look closely at the small building in the background of that photo, there is what appears to be Russian lettering on it, so that bike is probably NOT a US model. Thanks for your detective work Brian!

Comment

Working...
      X