How does a Guiliari seat mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does a Guiliari seat mount?

Was able to snag one for my 550 project but I don't know how they attach to the frame. It doesn't look like they have provisions for the hinges or a latch.

The more I look at it, and after some Googling, I don't think this is a 550 seat, at least not the '77-80 models.

I contacted the seller and asked him not to ship until he can confirm.

Comment

Please do post a follow-up if you get any more info.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

It looks to me as though it slips into a slot in the front behind the tank and latched down in the back where the two bolts are protruding from the pan. You will need some form of seat latch mechanism for the rear of the seat on the frame.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I don't think it's for a GS. More like for a GPz or a later model 550.

Comment

Looks surprisingly similar to the one I have on one of my 550s - but not exactly the same:

My seat had a sticker on it's bottom, explaining where to mount the tabs/hinges. I vaguely remember that it even provided some measurements. I'll take a picture this evening.

It looks to me though that the one you're showing here uses a completely different mounting style, with the screws at the front/back.

Maybe these originally required to drill the correct holes by oneself prior to installation, and this is some PO's doing for a different bike? - would be very weird though.

Edit: Hm, no, comparing the seats some further, it seems to me your seat is for a bike with a completely different rear cowling/rump. Maybe not even a 550? Not familar with the lineup...
            Last edited by roeme; 08-09-2018, 03:42 AM.
            #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
            #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
            #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

After further communication with the seller, he has the correct seat and it's on the way to me!

Comment

Yep, that's the one.

Match it up with clubman bars or clip-ons, and you're gonna have LOADS of fun.
                #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

So what model was the other seat for?
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                    So what model was the other seat for?

I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott S View Post
                      I'm not sure.
                      Find out, someone here may be interested in it. Also, what are they asking for it?
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                      X