Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non-OEM Speedo?

Hi folks,

Hey I've been doing some chopping and ratting, and customizing to my '81 GS850g. Would any of you kind folks know where I can find a speedometer that will be a custom replacemnet for the stock one? I woudl be looking for a small round oone if possible.

Any leads, my friends?

J.C. Whitney

2 5/8" diameter, chrome housing, hooks up with the same cable. They also have a tach to match. I'll go thru my papers and find a part # if you can't find it online.
    I can never figure out how to post a picture here so use the button below to go to my website. I have a picture there.

Steve

Comment

Thanks, Steve! That Speedo looks just like what I had in mind. Hey your bike looks pretty damn good too!

Comment

ah ha! i was looking for the same sort of thing

wait.. what's the part number?

Comment

Thanks for the compliment Jeff.

I looked up the part numbers for you guys.
          Speedo 06ZX3673N.
          Tach 06ZX3698B.

I find navigating jcwhitney.com rather difficult, but with the #'s you should be able to find these parts.
          I paid $40 each back in May 2003. shouldnt be to much more now.

Steve

Comment

I found a link! http://motorcyclecity.com/Parts/guages.htm

Comment

Will these fit an '82 GS850G?

Both my tach and speedo are trashed and finding an OEM replacement is next to impossible. If anyone can confirm these'll work I'll buy 'em straight away!

Thanks!

Jim

Comment

From the guys on the XS 650 site.

A couple of the guys are using them and they seem like a god buy.

Cheers all.
                Spyug

Comment

MikesXS.com also has compatible speedos for cheap. Quite accurate in my experience. Do NOT buy the tach though -- wrong ratio.

Comment

I have an Acewell electronic speedo on the GS1000 and it's nice. :-D

Comment

Gauge/Speedo/Tach advice?

Wow, that Acewell is sweet. At the risk of selling myself out, can anyone tell me if this Gauge cluster will work on my '82 GS850G?

Thanks!

Comment

I have put on a Sigma bicycle spedometer on my Guzzi and will be soon adapting the 2nd bike kit to the Suzuki. The one I got isn't back lit but the next step up was. I need something more acurate for the old girl, but wanted a stock looka nd this was an easy add on with the old Guzzi with spoked wheels. I plan on epoxing a magnet on the rotor of the Suzuki.

For $39 for a two bike setup I couldn't go wrong and they are good for up to 180 MPH I believe.

Comment

Working...
                        X