windjammer fairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windjammer fairings

My friend has a 78 GS750 with a windjammer on it and wants to get rid of it. My bike is an 83 GS750 that fairing should fit on my bike with no problem correct? Also will it fit on an 83 GS850?

The Windjammer will definitely fit the 850, regardless of year, and I'm 99.99% sure it will also fit the 750.

As you can tell from my avatar, I have a Windjammer on my GS. Good product.

Nick

Comment

To each his own, I love my WindJammer I even have a spare on the extra parts shelf

Comment

I have a love hate relationship with my windjammer. I love it in the spring and fall, and I hate it during the summer.

Comment

Model numbers?

I'm running a '79 GS750L. Do the Windjammer fairings come like the Plexifairings, with certain model numbers that fit certain model bikes? If so, which Windjammer will fit my bike? What's a fair price? Thanks to all for your contributions. You guys are a real education for us new kids.

Pete Lister

Comment

I think a Windjammer is a Windjammer,, the fairing itself was not designed for each specific model. I assume you're looking for the full sized model, like a Windjammer IV. What you have to find is the hardward that will fit it to your particular bike. Extra parts are available at www.craigvetter.com

Comment

The fairing will be interchangeable, but the mounting bracket may not if your 750 has the square tube frame.

Comment

The fairings are all the same, but the mounting brackets differ with bike model. Craig Vetter says on his website that unfortunately nobody ever kept track of the different bracket designs, so unless you get lucky and find a fairing with the exact bracket for your bike you'll probably need to modify the one you have slightly. Normally this ISN'T that hard to do.

Good Luck,
                Steve 8)

Comment

First time I was ever on a bike with a Windjammer, I was a passenger. Early '70s, I was having an emergency top-end rebuild on a '67 Bonneville at Big-D's Triumph in Dallas, Texas. The mechanic had a brand-new Trident with a Windjammer. He gave me a ride across town - truly amazing - I don't remember feeling any wind at all. As someone who'd never ridden with any kind of fairing, I fell in love with it.........well, until he gave me the keys and I took it for a ride. Definitely did not want one, but I still understood the attraction.
                  "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Try going to Ebay.com. Type in Vetter in the search. I've found many parts for mine there. You'll need to poke around to find the right mount for your model. Remember that most 750 Suzi GS were in 1100 frames when you look for the right mount. I'm pretty sure a Suzi mount from 77 will fit up to 83, the frame spacing and angle look the same. I love my Windjammer 4 fairing, even in the summer. Better the bugs hit that than my face ( especially those beetles !). Also, radio sounds nice all year round. These fairings are easy to mount up once you have all the parts.
                    If you ride in the cold, look into a set of lowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Diaz
                      As you can tell from my avatar, I have a Windjammer on my GS. Good product.

Nick
                      Nick,

You posted as a guest and there is no avatar associated with your post, FYI -- good to see you back on the forum!!

Steve 8)

Comment

Speaking of Windjammer fairings, I have one on my GS850 and I need to find a wiring harness for it. Bike sat in a barn before I got it and mice had a field day with the wiring.

Comment

I just pulled the front and rear fairing/saddle bag brackets of my 78 GS1000 project bike. If they will work on your bike, you can have them for the freight charges.
                          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
                          X