need help with color match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with color match

Hello thank you for taking the time to read this. I have a 1979 GS850 it used to be my fathers bike who passed away when I was young and my uncle who had it for the last 20 years decided to give it to me a few months ago. when I got it the paint was in awful shape.My sister is getting married soon and is hoping to have the bike in her wedding as a way to have a part of our father in it. So i decided i will paint it before her wedding to look nice for it and for me when i ride it. i have done some body work in the past and have been working hard last couple months mostly weekends and some week nights getting all the dents and shaping the tank and panels into good shape again now its time for paint. this bike is a maroon color i have searched the internet inside and out so far i believe it was the candy imperial maroon code 05L even if that information is correct paint shops cant do anything with that information and tell me my best bet is to match it to a car color. I have seen mention of the Chrysler inferno red being a close match to 82 gs750 on this forum but my parts where so faded i have nothing to compare to in person and my mother and sister seem to think the bike was a darker color then the inferno red. if i had a good piece of the original color i would of went to have it scanned but seeing as all i have is there memory and google pictures this has become difficult and if anyone can point me in some direction that would be very much appreciated by me and my family. sorry to dump my life story just getting down to the wire and getting desperate thank you again

I think I would check the auto paint chips and find a base coat/clear coat system that you and family members believe is as close as possible. I'm sure your father and your uncle would appreciate the effort you have put into and be happy with your choice even if it's not 100% correct.
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
    X