Champagne 83' GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSDCW View Post
    Is this color on this 83' GS "champagne" ?
    The Champagne color was for 1982, not '83. And yes, that color looks correct.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

So Pano, this color looks like the picture you Posted and described as "champagne"? If it is the same color as yours, then what year Chevy Suburban did you get the your color from ?

I'm considering Purchasing this Bike !
      I’m curious, what is the hesitation in buying the bike? It almost sounds like the hesitation is the paint, is it?
      From what I see, the bike looks decent, I’m sure there are many here who wouldn’t hesitate. The paint is just cosmetic! Like I said before, if you can’t find the matching color, paint it what ever color you desire.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Paint is not the issue at all. Mechanical condition of the bike is. Looking to do compression check on the bike and want to avoid if possible, rebuilding the motor.

Comment

Bought It The compression #'s were Good 150+ on all cylinders !
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, enjoy it!

Comment

Congrats.
              I'm pretty certain that I was talking with the previous owner of that bike n FB. If so, he has a heck of a bike collection.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Congratulations, you're really gonna enjoy it!

Ride safe!

Now that you bought it, here is a link that will give you all the decals that you need when you decide to paint:
                This 5 piece decal set includes gas tank, side cover & tail decals for the silver 1982 GS1100E. Also includes

Like I said before, you can paint the motorcycle any color or shade of silver you want and the decals are readily available if you want to keep that stock look/appeal.

I've bought from them before as have many others here, very good product and I highly recommend them.

BTW, the Suzuki "S" that goes on the tail, they do carry but for whatever reason they don't list it. I'm not sure why they don't but, I have bought them here before, just had to write them an email and ask them.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Well I'm excited Guys. I reminds me when I purchased a New 80' GS1100E back then and really enjoyed it. I've dealt with Reproduction Decals in the past and have had good luck with them before.

Comment

Well I'm excited Guys. I reminds me when I purchased a New 80' GS1100E back then and really enjoyed it.
                    Then you should love this '82. Got several improvements over the '80 (lower seat, rear sets, that great styling and more.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Under fluorescent lighting, the '82 paint will look silver/grey. On a cloudy day, it looks more bronze. In direct sunlight, it has a slightly pink tint. I guess that is where "champagne" comes from.

It's actually a grey base with gold metalflake, using a slightly smoke-tinted clearcoat. Like Isleoman mentioned in his post, it's pretty much impossible to exactly duplicate from a scan, but a good paint mixer can come close.

Here's my '82 (formerly my brother's, he's the original owner) the day we drug it out of the back of my mom's garage, where it had been sitting for about fifteen years.

It was a cloudy day, you can see the bronze look really well here with a tiny bit of pink to it, even through the dust.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

SUZUKI:
                      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
                      X