Handlebar Accessory Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handlebar Accessory Upgrades

Ever just want to spend some money on your bike? I've been unhappy with my grips for while now. Not grippy enough. Also, I ride a lot in the later and early part of the season, so my fingers get cold. Also, I've always had crap mirrors that vibrate like a, well, I'm not gonna say that word here.; So ta-da!!! Here's my new set up. I can see!!! Also, no more icy fingers. I rode today with a wind chill of 32F at 70-75mph and while most everything else was cold, my fingers weren't! The hand guards actually set a little differently on the GS stock handlebars than they do on a dirt bike. A bit more angled, but it works for me as it makes the wind go over my whole hand. Thumbs still get a bit chilly, but better than ice paws.

Home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share.
    Last edited by Bruno; 11-16-2019, 07:30 PM. Reason: grammar
    Bruno
    1981 Suzuki GS850G
    1981 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim

Ever want to spend money on my bike? Are you kidding?

I don't like to add things that add weight or bulk (touring), but I spend hours every day imagining ways to show my love financially. I'm an old 1970's and '80's guy, so Grab On grips (black) are always on my Suzi. I don't know if they're compatible, but heated grips have been around for ages.

In the '80's, I mounted a radar detector on the handlebars of my Kaw 900, but with few exceptions, I'm a 'less is more' guy.

It's 36 but feels like 30 out so I'm not getting off this couch. (I actually did a few hours later when it got colder!)

Good luck and keep the shiny side up!
    Last edited by Rob S.; 11-17-2019, 02:15 AM.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Can't see your picture, Bruno. It's asking me to sign in to a Google account.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Heated grips are for sissies unless some type of open flame is involved! Seriously though, with my plexifairing, a goretex military surplus storm shell and a good set of Carhartt gloves I don't seem to need them. There's nothing colder (or wetter) than cold leather, avoid it like the plague.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Can't see your picture, Bruno. It's asking me to sign in to a Google account.
          ...ditto that...
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
          X