Contemplating Fairings... 1982 GS750T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemplating Fairings... 1982 GS750T

I am contemplating a new windscreen for my 1982 GS750T. The one I currently have is cracked, and surrounds the light with opaque black, extending to include some protection for the hands. It is somewhat functional, but not real pretty. Besides, I would like something a bit higher as right now the wind hits me from the neck up.

What are some names of distributors/manufacturers who make stuff like that... I mean, does anyone still make something to fit exactly, or would I likely find only a universal screen?

Really, I prefer the look of "no windscreen", but the wind protection of a nice high one. Definitely want something clear with a nice rounded top, somewhat cruiser like, as opposed to a small swept back fairly useless one like I have already...

Any suggestions?

either Gustafsson Plastics, or perhaps the old bike barn could have a windscreen for you, they both have a few options.

Gustafsson:
    Industry leader in aftermarket and custom motorcycle windscreens. We will bring your windshield ideas to life!

Bike barn:
    Supplying new parts for Vintage Motorcycles! Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha. Old Bike Barn has what you need for your vintage motorcycle project!

Comment

Depending on the look you want.... I have one of these (identical, except black)

It has a great cafe look, but excellent wind protection. A really good compromise.

Comment

Another option.

Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

The fairing above shown in red is exactly what I have now on the bike - except black, and with the crack. I enjoy reasonable protection from wind with it, but still get a fair blast of wind from the neck up. I like the fact that I get some protection for the hands as well.

However, I was thinking of a totally clear, rounded top windshield with chrome mounting hardware, similar to what is found on newer cruisers. I doubt that anyone makes one specific for this bike, so I will likely be looking at a universal fit type. If I can't find something that will work, and looks better than what I have, and at a reasonable cost, I will stick with the one that I have, and perhaps paint it.

Thanks
          JGB

Comment

Working...
          X