RECHROMING EXHAUST PIPES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RECHROMING EXHAUST PIPES?

I would like feedback if anyone has had their pipes rechromed. I have a chance to get my pipes rechromed. What is the result of rechroming? I have read scant info on the web about pitfalls. I don't want to go aftermarket because no one makes an exact replacement for my 1983 GS1100GL. I don't want a four into one! I want my bike stock.

I asked about re-chroming my used exhaust when I did my restoration. Nobody I asked in the L.A. area would re-chrome a used exhaust. One shop said that "if" they did, it would cost about $300 for my 4-1 pipe. That's as much as a new 4-1 pipe. I bought a new pipe.
    Also, be careful who does your chroming. Some are poor quality that chips off easily. And some use a thick copper base layer that makes a slip fit very difficult without damage. So be sure to ask about the thickness of the new chrome.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
    X