Intro and Tank Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro and Tank Question

Whats up everyone. My name's Dave, im in NC, im in college and building a GS 850 Shaftie Chop (in my kitchen)

Im thinking about tanks now and i want to put a suzuki Marauder tank on my 850 frame, does anyone know if it will fit?

if it wont fit will a GS550 tank fit on the 850 frame.

I dont really want to do a whole lot of frame mods, since after all its kind of hard to do alot of this stuff in my kitchen. so i basiclly want to put a smaller tank on my bike, caus that 850 tank is ginormous

oh and if anyone has a 550 tank or marauder tank they want to trade for an 850 tank, let me know

thanks
    -Dave

Welcome to the forum If you want a smaller tank Look for one from a GS 850/1000 "L" model 79-81 You would have to redo the rear mounting. DO a search on ebay for Mustang tanks

Comment

I agree with lynn.

My 850 L model tank is only 13 L (3.3 gallons) as opposed to the other 22L tank.

If your tank is in good shape, I will trade you. Mine has 0 rust, and the paint is still in pretty good shape (although i'll assume youd be repainting)

let me know.

poot

Comment

Chopping a bike in your kitchen! Man, either you aren't married or you have an understanding wife. Good luck and post pictures.

Comment

yeah im in college, so i dont have to worry about the Ol Lady, except i have to clean up when my GF comes and visits cause she always bitches about how my appartment smells like a garage

as far as the tank i have now, it has dents on the the front of it where i imagin someone banged up with the handlebars, or something, but the inside of the tank is pretty clean and there is no cap; other than that its in pretty good shape.

Comment

Working...
          X