Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decals/flames and graphics

Hey all,
    So I was looking for some decals to put on my 1985 GS 700E, but was unable to find reproductions and the suzuki dealer said they were discontinued. I even tried reproductiondecal.com with no success. However, I was surfing the internet the other day and found www.tapeworks.com here in Raleigh, NC. Though I decided to not do the same paint scheme and decal setup, they told me that they could trace out the originals and duplicate them. It was going to cost me more than i wanted to spend, however. But I figured I would spread the word, if someone has deep pockets and is doing a restoration and needs some hard to find decals. I looked at some bikes they were doing, they look really good. Although i'm not into it, their thing is flame jobs. They do a real nice job with that kind of stuff.
    As for my bike I am going to have some work done by tapeworks. I'm going to paint the whole thing bright red and than have a european style offset racing strip in white run down the tank and the rear fender. For the tank emblems i'm going to go with the suzuki 's' and on the side covers the GS 700E logo, both in white. It should look pretty sharp. Simple yet tasteful. Anyway, just wanted to spread the word about tapeworks

Sounds very nice, as you said simple and tasteful.

A local painter, he only does bikes and wins in competitions.
    Said he could re-produce via laser cutting my decals for my S.

We'll see how he does.
    I'm giving him my S to paint when the $$ comes in.

Keep us posted
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Working...
    X