GS750 Airbox, Air Filter Sealing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 Airbox, Air Filter Sealing.

Waiting for new rubbers to arrive, and Ive bought some weatherseal to do the Air Box covers. I was thinking, that adding weatherseal to the top of the air filter would seal it against its bracket. I've just read the, ' Air Intake System Repair-GS850G by BassCliff ' on here, and its not mentioned. Is this a good idea?
    Last edited by bob808; 04-12-2022, 09:32 AM.

I used a very thin household type self-adhesive weatherstrip on the underside of my air-filter box cover. Works great. Looked like there was probably something like it on there from factory that had worn away long ago.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Done the weatherstripping on the horizontal mid shelve, and also the side covers.
      The NEW rubbers arrived today. Shocked, shocked at how good they seal/fit against the airbox, and how soft and flexible they are.
      Wow. The old ones must be 44 years old and are rigid, possibly shrunk, and they have no real seal against the airbox at all.
      Excited about getting them fitted to the bike and seeing the difference they must make to the tuning and syncing for the carbs.
      Great forum, real knowledge, and friendly too.
      Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X