1980 gs1000g carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs1000g carb question

Hi i am rebuilding my gs1000g 1980 carbs got new rebuild kits for them but they are confusing me a bit the the needle and seat fit good they are a bit different, my question is the seat does not have the grove on it for the clip that holds the needle in like the original did i can get the clip on but it seems without the grove it wont hold. Was the clip eliminated for some reason will the float actually keep the needle in place i really dont want to put them altogether and have things go wrong any help greatly appreciated. ive included a screen shot of the needle and seat with no grove,
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Be warned that lots of carb rebuild kits are poor quality ….yours look odd to me. Hopefully someone will have an answer. Here’s a set that I got awhile back.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Is there a problem with the old seats that keeps you from reusing them? I've heard of the needles wearing a groove in the tip, but I haven't heard of the seats going bad. Some kind of corrosion maybe, or some uncleanable schmoo?

The floats should keep the needle in there.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
      X