Bogs down at 6000rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogs down at 6000rpm

I have a 83 gs750es, I'm not sure why this is happening but whenever I twist the throttle halfway or more and the rpm goes to 6000rpm, my bike bogs down, when it dips below 6000rpm it runs normal again, not sure why this is happening, bike ideals great sounds great too, I'm running 115 pilot and 135main had the needle all the way up
    1983 GS750ES

Either too much air or fuel……135 main jet ? How did you arrive at that…are you running pods?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Came here to say what Tom said,' too much air or fuel.'

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        Either too much air or fuel……135 main jet ? How did you arrive at that…are you running pods?
        Yeah, running pods, got the bike with out the airbox, maybe I am running too lean, because when I had the needle position on no.3 position my bike was popping on deceleration changed it to position 5 and decel pop disappeared , checked for air leaks and there's none, used the carb cleaner method.

Whats weird is it wasn't doing that before, I could rev my bike pass the limit maybe time to change pods?
        1983 GS750ES

Comment

One more thing does the rubber plug on the pilot jet has a big effect if its not inserted?
          1983 GS750ES

Comment

Yes, I don't know why, but the rubber plug needs to be in there. I saw this once on an "80" GS1000E, carbs put together without them, started & revved fine, started to pull out in traffic & eng died. Back in shop, removed carbs & put plugs in, & all was well.... That's how I remember it, but have heard others say they weren't needed.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
              Yes, I don't know why, but the rubber plug needs to be in there. I saw this once on an "80" GS1000E, carbs put together without them, started & revved fine, started to pull out in traffic & eng died. Back in shop, removed carbs & put plugs in, & all was well.... That's how I remember it, but have heard others say they weren't needed.
              Thanks been wondering about that, maybe that's one more reason why my bike would suddenly cut off on idle, maybe that's also causing the issue I'm having, thanks for the input
              1983 GS750ES

Comment

Now wait, best I remember, the one I was speaking of started fine, idled fine & revved fine while just sitting there, the problem came on when pulling out in traffic, it stumbled and died, started right back but then died again when trying to ride. Idle was fine.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                  Now wait, best I remember, the one I was speaking of started fine, idled fine & revved fine while just sitting there, the problem came on when pulling out in traffic, it stumbled and died, started right back but then died again when trying to ride. Idle was fine.
                  Yeah, that's what's happening to my bike sometimes also beside the current issue, and the thta rubber plug fixed it guess that thing really is needed.

To the original issue yeah my bike was running rich changed the needle position to the no.3 position she's revving great again able to pass 6k rpm until 10k, but found I need to bump up the pilot jet 2 sizes up, on decel bike pops a lot, and the fuel screw is already ah 3.5 turns out
                  1983 GS750ES

Comment

Working...
                  X