Slide valve cut out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slide valve cut out

Hi all I’m after some advise with regards to the slide valve cut out on my minuki 26mm carbs, my question is when bench synchronising the carbs should the cut outs initially all be set to the same measurement as laid down in the service manual. My bike is a 1978 GS750e

They all need to be set at the same height on the bench as a base line with the adjuster screws being around mid way travel on their threads to allow for sufficient adjustment either way.
    Once on the bike you need to vacuum sync to ensure each cylinder is producing equal amounts of work.
    Once done the slide heights are likely to vary slightly.
    Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
    VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info, the last time I tried to use my vacuum gauges I ended up with number 3 cylinder running cooler on idle but heating up correctly once the revs were increased, maybe I was a bit to heavy handed with the adjustments. I have set all four slide vales to the same position and the carbs are back on the bike, will give it a try on Thursday to see if I have improved thing or just made it worse

Comment

Originally posted by David Isted View Post
        Thanks for the info, the last time I tried to use my vacuum gauges I ended up with number 3 cylinder running cooler on idle but heating up correctly once the revs were increased, maybe I was a bit to heavy handed with the adjustments. I have set all four slide vales to the same position and the carbs are back on the bike, will give it a try on Thursday to see if I have improved thing or just made it worse
        vacuum balancing won't affect fueling or mixture.
        That sounds more like an idle fueling issue.
        Probably pilot jet blockage,over rich on the mixture screw or even electrical problem on the ignition side, faulty plug etc.
        Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
        VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply, will check it all out.

Comment

Working...
          X