1982 GS850GZ fuel sender unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS850GZ fuel sender unit

Would anyone know where I could source a fuel sender unit for 1982 GS850GZ, I’ve searched the planet for a new unit but to no avail, if one is not available is there one that can be retro fitted? Thanks for any help and advice Kind Regards Larry

New examples of that device have probably not been available for 20-25 years. Your best bet would be to go to a breaker.

You don't have to find the EXACT year and model. I know that an '83 will fit exactly, but if you look up the part number and enter that into a cross-reference chart, it might come up with the other models that use it.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

A long time ago there was a thread here at GSR about fixing the fuel sending units. It may be worth trying to find it up in the search section.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Here's a good article with pictures as seen on BikeCliff's Website.

credit to Jethro

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Member Admiral Beez had a thread where he sent off for a rebuilt / as new sender. As far as I recall, it was over $100 but for that you get another 40 years service out of it.
          ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Here’s your man. Did a fantastic job on my sending unit. Dan OHora <sendingunitguy@gmail.com>​
            1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
            X