82 GS750E carb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS750E carb questions

Hello, just found the forum from a Facebook post I made and I had some questions about the carbs on my 82 GS750e.
    1. How far out should the idle mixture screws be from factory?
    2. The vacuum port by the Forum throttle body, is that supposed to have vacuum all the time? Or is that just on/off vacuum depending on how much gas the carbs need.
    3. Is not having the airbox on an issue other than getting dust particles, ect. in the engine? Or is the airbox/air filters necessary to keep the engine running? (This one I feel dumb asking, used to working on cars, but saw some conflicting things online and it didn't make sense to me.)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by GS7509EfromND; 06-25-2023, 09:58 PM.

2/. When engine is running, there is vacuum at petcock…, in petcock’s “on” or “rs” spot, this allows fuel to flow.
    3/. this carb setup was designed to run with factory filter/air box setup..engine will start and idle without this setup, but it will behave poorly as revs go up…..it won’t be rideable.

as to 1/…if you’re talking about the mixture screws in carb throat area, they likely left factory about two turns out….but they’ve probably been fiddled with.

Spend some time, poking around on this forum….it’s loaded with vital info on these bikes…and nice folks!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X