Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supertrapp Mounting - 1100E

Hey all,

Im looking into mounting a Supertrapp slip-on onto my 1100E, but it seems to be missing the hardware to mount it to the rearset bracket (could be misnaming these). I am attempting to mount it to my Delkevic 4-1, so prepared to modify the bracket or add hardware to attempt it.

It has a sliding bolt that slips into a sleeve of sorts to give it some adjustability, but does not have a piece to attach it to the bike. I can’t seem to find any information on it online. Anyone know where/how I can find one, or what I may be overlooking?

Thanks!

Ray
    1982 GS1100E - Stock carbs & airbox, Delkevic 4-1

This is your chance to show off your creativity and fabrication skills! You just need a home made, cobby bracket, pipe, tube, flange to secure the end of the pipe. Hell, in "the olden days" a rod secured to the upper shock mount wasn't out of the question. Get creative! CVFA weapon II.jpg See above. Some associates with way more fab skills than I have modified (raised) the back half of the rearset hanger and built an aluminum spacer (tube) to stand it off the right amount to fit.

You can do it, or you can find a friend to help you with it.
    Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
    Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Did you check their website?

Comment

I did check the site, didn’t see anything. Will take your advice slayer and get creative, haha. Consider this resolved, as I don’t think there are any other options. Thanks all!

Comment

Depends on what tools or access of tools you have. If you made a ring of flat stock, mounted the bolts properly space and tacked welded the bolts onto the flat stock ring (at this point it would be a piece of flat stock bent, not welded closed, you could make a mounting ring, then tack weld the ring to the inside of the exhaust. If you have a lathe, you could make a piece that slips over the end, use set screws to hold it onto the outside, and mount the plates like that. The aluminum polishes almost chrome like. Depends on what kind of tooling you have access too.

Comment

Suzukian good ideas and planning on something like that. I’ve got a buddy who’s a disgruntled welder/metal worker… gonna catch him on the right day.

Comment

It is easy to be disgruntled, harder to be "gruntled".

Comment

Working...
              X