Gs1000 1979 no 3 slide click.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1000 1979 no 3 slide click.

So another query for those that know, no3 slider gets caught when I first twist the throttle, cable is free running when disconnected, so not that, I can make it go away if I adjust the slide up, but that gives me an awful sync position, to start with. I have had it apart and deburred anything I thought might be the issue, but no joy. The slide channel and the little locator all seems as they should. I'm wondering if it could be the top end, so just wondering if anyone has experience of this sort of issue. Just to be clear it's not stiff, it's kind of like losing a fish, tight then click and gone. Thanks anyway

The spring or cup in the slide adjuster isn't missing is it. ?
    Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
    VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

No it's all there, I'm going to swap the slide over and see if that eliminates it.

Comment

So just in case it's useful to someone, where the slide goes into the recess at the bottom of the carb..years of that spring banging the slide home, had misshaped the recess, making it pinch the slide. So a little patient re shaping with a nail file has it sorted, still clicks a tiny bit but does not get caught.

Comment

Working...
        X