What GS1100E exhaust is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What GS1100E exhaust is this?

Fits the '83 and of course '82 GS1100E. It has lots of springs and can be disassembled to the header pipes, mid-section, and canister. It weighs 13.5 lbs, pretty light. I see no ID on it tho. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by oldGSfan; 06-29-2024, 12:17 AM.
    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
    '79 GS100E
    Other non Suzuki bikes

Well, we can rule out the V&H "Street Megaphone." It's closer to the V&H "Supersport" canister, but I'm fairly sure it's not that either. It's a little hard to tell off the bike.

It looks like it might be something cobbled together by a PO. Perhaps the forward part (headers) is stock 82-83 11E.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Nope the headpipes aren't stock, outer ones are two piece welded and the cylinder head flanges are all the same style..
      1986 1150EF
      2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

I don't know the answer, but Hindle sold similar pipes.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Too professional to be cobbled together, all those springs should tell what it is. Just gott'a somebody that had one needs to see the picture..
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I found a dyno sheet that says it was fitted with a V&H pipe, so that's a clue that it could be the one.
            Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
            '79 GS100E
            Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I don't think it's a V&H "Sidewinder."
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Listing on CL as V&H
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

so its a 4-2-1 and if its a yoshi pipe where are the plate and at least the rivet hole for it?
                  ALso yoshi pipes ive seen always had an angled tip ont he exhaust.

Is it in your posession? Its well worth 100 USD if it fits.
                  It is clearly not chinesium with that much patine
                  the welds are really nice and there is not a bit of physical damage to be seen.
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                    so its a 4-2-1 and if its a yoshi pipe where are the plate and at least the rivet hole for it?
                    ALso yoshi pipes ive seen always had an angled tip ont he exhaust.

Is it in your possession? Its well worth 100 USD if it fits.
                    It is clearly not chinesium with that much patine
                    the welds are really nice and there is not a bit of physical damage to be seen.
                    I have it in my possession, yes. It is most definitely a GS1100E fitment. I could easily disassemble and ship it, which is nice. There are no dents, no physical damage. There is some surface corrosion, but very light and probably will clean up very well, if it is ceramic as the other doc I found says, it seems like it should, anyway. I will give it a scrub in the AM and post more pics.

To the best of my knowledge, given what my papers show, it is 'probably' a V&H. I don't know what you mean about the plate and rivet hole tho.​

I am asking $100, if it's not a V&H, my bad. But it seems too much coincidence to have V&H mentioned in my docs. Stay tuned folks.
                    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                    '79 GS100E
                    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                      I don't know what you mean about the plate and rivet hole tho.
                      Maybe that plate and rivet holes.........

s-l1600.webp
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post

Maybe that plate and rivet holes.........
                        Ah - this one has little Allen screws.
                        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                        '79 GS100E
                        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

My period correct Yosh. had the nameplate glued on, no rivet holes, it soon came off & I got, and glued on another that is still there. Haven't had it mounted for probably 10 yrs. as I like my center stand and changing oil without having to remove it... Opinions again, It's still the best sounding pipe I've "EVER" heard.
                          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                          X