81 GS450t Carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS450t Carb rebuild

Hello! I bought my first bike, an 81 GS450t, a few months ago. But she has quite a few problems. I know for sure that the air box isn’t the right part- can anyone recommend where to find one?
    There are air bubbles visible in the fuel line. My local moto shop recommended a carb rebuild, which I am happy to learn how to do myself, but I’m having a lot of trouble locating the filters as well.
    The symptoms of this air/fuel problem are that we have a lot of trouble going from 0 to 30mph. After that, she rides great! Lately she’s had some trouble starting up too, which is unusual, and she’s backfired a few times recently.
    Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is a carb rebuild the solution? And if so, where do you guys get parts for these old bikes that aren’t easy to find?
    thank you all, I’m so excited to find this website, and to learn everything about my bike!​

Calling Ed (Nessism). He'll set you right.
    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
    '79 GS100E
    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

​Follow through the forum as listed below until you get to the top ten newbie mistakes. Read and reread, it has all you need to know. Also check out BikeCliff's website it has mauals and pictorials galore there.
      Top 10 Newbie Mistakes - The GSResources Forums

BikeCliff's Website (bwringer.com)

That being said you just have to keep searching for the air box try Ebay. I have been sourcing parts for my GS for about a month now. READ THROUGH ALL THE SUB FORUMS. Each has its own purpose, and you can find what you need as well as direct questions in the proper place ​. ​

Comment

Working...
      X