Fuel/vac line routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel/vac line routing

1982 GS650. I removed the gas tank to replace the camshaft cover gasket. Reassembled and now it will only run at high rpm and/or full choke. I may have put the fuel/vacuum lines on wrong but I’ve switched them back and forth and it doesn’t help. Petcock has two lines coming off-a smaller and a larger and is operating correctly. There are two Tee nipples on the rear side of the carbs -one between carbs 1 and 2 and another between 2 and 3 (from left to right in driver position). There is also a nipple on the motor side of carb 2 with nothing on there. I need to know for sure which lines go where from the petcock and what to do with that nipple on carb #2.

thanks!

There is also

a nipple on the motor side of carb 2 with nothing on there. I need to know for sure which lines go where from the petcock and what to do with that nipple on carb #2. zz0.1un3eb7zlpszz

edit: this site is fighting me today!

there are two vent hoses that just hang over back of carbs
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by tom203; 07-27-2024, 02:18 PM.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

The nipple on #2 is the vacuum line for the petcock
      The other 2 are vents for the float bowls
      The fuel line goes to the big T between the 2 and 3
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Yes, what Big T said. Not shown is the other vent port between 3 & 4.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks. I now know they are connected properly to the petcock. Assuming I don’t need hoses on those vent nipples. I still have the same lean bog which wasn’t there before I started dinking around ☹️.

Comment

Got er done. I had to prime the daylights out of it to get it to work-like drive it a few miles around the hood. It’s great since then.

Comment

Originally posted by DarinMac View Post
              Thanks. I now know they are connected properly to the petcock. Assuming I don’t need hoses on those vent nipples. I still have the same lean bog which wasn’t there before I started dinking around ☹️.
              It will actually work better if you DO have hoses on them.

Those vents are the atmospheric reference for the float bowls. The pressure difference between the bowls and the venturis determines how much fuel flows through the jets. There is a bit of turbulence behind the engine. That will give rapidly-changing pressure 'signals' to the bowls. If you have hoses on them, you can route the hoses over the back of the airbox, or end the hoses under the seat, which is a much calmer environment.
              If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Working...
              X