Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experiences with aftermarket/non oem airbox rubbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiences with aftermarket/non oem airbox rubbers?

I'm helping my buddy patch together a 1980 gsx750 and one of it's flaws was the airbox to carb rubbers that where so hard they where almost plastic. And preivous owners attempt at pushing box on made the box cave inwards... So we ordered new rubbers from a company in japan on ebay and they arrived last week. The rubbers where really soft and pliable and the airbox went on almost to easy, mostly because the throats of the new rubbers was somewhat oversized, we couldn't find spesific 750 rubbers but part numbers where the same for 750 and 1100 so be bought the 1100's. Wrong?
    After tightening the clamps the rubber scrunched down and everything appears to be sealed I'm just curious what are your experiences with aftermarket or non oem airbox rubbers?

I haven’t needed them yet…..but others on here might like to know the company that supplied these items. The” made in Japan” sounds good to me!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Ebay seller is cruzinimage_co1484

Last edited by Spiff; 09-01-2024, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I ordered the airbox rubber connectors from the same seller for my 1980 GS850GL. They did seem very soft and pliable but fit well. The old ones were very hard and some had shrunk. After getting the airbox all put together with these, a new air filter, new gasket material at the top of the filter element, and a “better than I had” used snorkel.. the bike runs great. We’ll have to see how long they last, but seem to do the trick for me.
        - David

80 GS850GL
        Arlington, TX

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ARMNMTNDSDTXsm.jpg

Comment

Their stuff is generally pretty good from the user reviews found here & other places...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
          X