Carb Part ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Part ID

I posted this in "what did you wrench on today" but figured I'd probably get more responses in the appropriate section

I decided to open up my carbs today because I was bored (but didn't clean them since I didn't have my brush with me). I discovered a rubber plug, and since I don't know these carbs that well (BS34SS's, I guess) maybe some of you can help me ID this part? It looks like theres a jet of some sort behind it? See pics for the part in question (sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

The rubber plug:

And what's behind it:

Thanks!

That's the rubber plug with the pilot jet behind it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Is it supposed to be there?

Comment

Yes. The Pilot jet is fed off a small hole in the shaft that it sits in from the Main jet, and needle jet. If you leave that rubber plug off, it will be able to pull fuel unmetered from the float bowl. That would be bad. Put it back on, or if it doesnt fit well, buy new ones. Z1Enterprises carries them I believe.

Comment

Thanks CafeKid, I wasn't sure. I only took off the plug to illustrate what I found behind it. The carbs are in the shop @ school so when I left I made sure not to leave any parts out (you never know who will misplace or displace them )

Do you guys know where I should look to clean the choke circuit? Thats what's mainly been bogging me down (literally!)

Comment

Working...
          X