More ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More ?'s

I posted not to long ago about leaking carbs and I appreciate all the help. My carbs are still leaking but only when the bike is running. The fuel is coming out of the passage that goes down to the main jet! Its on all 4 carbs leaking in the same spot, can anyone please help with this.

Originally posted by jmac1313 View Post
    the fuel is coming out of the passage that goes down to the main jet!
    ? ? ?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

atleast I think thats where that passage goes from the cross section I could be wrong. When your looking at the carbs with air intake side facing you you have there smaller ports. The one across from the air screw on the right is where its coming from. The other smaller one of the three.

Comment

Floats set too high? Bad petcock?

Comment

All your bowls might not be venting properly either. My 85 GS550ES's PO had the bowls all linked together instead of going to a charcoal filter setup. It was just creating vaccum inside the bowls. Instead of sucking air in or out trough the filter it just made more vac inside the bowls and sucked more fuel in to compensate for the air loss. They tested just fine on the bench with the tank hooked up. Never leaked a drop. Toss em on the bike and watch the fuel roll out of em.

You might have em linked together, or just a clogged filter or bent piece of vent restricting airflow too much.

Comment

That's where the fuel is supposed to come out. The jet needle goes into the needle jet. When the jet needle starts to rise fuel will come out of that jet.
            If it's doing it at idle the needle isn't seating in the main jet OR the copper washer isn't installed under the main jet OR the rubber plug isnt' covering the pilot jet port OR the float heigth isn't correctly set.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X