450 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 project

Put the carbs. back on the project 450 for the second time.(Had dipped and cleaned them this winter) Had started to run poorly again. Turns out my plastic makeshift gas tank (or the gas itself) had some dirt which had settled into one of the float bowls. Got it all cleaned out, rechecked float levels, and benched sync. again. Now the bike pretty well, idles nice, but getting a little backfiring when reving up some. (But not much, hoping a sync. will help.) But of course still waiting for my morgan sync. tool from England thanks to volcano. Does seem to want to bogg down when at around 4000-5000 rpms. Have air mix. screws at 1 3/4, I don't seem to have a ear for getting the best idle method. Is it possible a jet causing the bogging down at higher rpms? If so which one should I look at? Still a bit of a newbie when it comes to the inside of carbs. But must admitt the more I learn and the better I can get a bike to run, I feel a little proud of myself! Thanks in advance for the help. terrylee
Working...
X