Needed: Air Screw Washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed: Air Screw Washers

Does anyone have a source for the little air screw washers for a GS450? One carb has one and the other one was missing when I disassembled it.

Thanks, Mark

Mark, take the one you have to Radio Shack & match them up. That will be the QUICKEST way for you to get it. Ray.

Comment

Radio Shack? No disrepect intended, but are you kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzhund View Post
        Radio Shack? No disrepect intended, but are you kidding me?
        Actually Radio Shack does not have that size. I usually have a few but I think I'm cleaned out.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

So.....Any help out there? Someone must have a source.....?

Thanks, Mark

Comment

Honestly...I came here looking for help. Two senior members are joking about Radio Shack? Maybe I came to the wrong place. I just want to get my bike running. This is a project I am working on with my daughter and I was just looking for a part..........
            Last edited by Guest; 04-25-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I checked the fiche on my bike and realized that the air screw was not listed (I didn't see it) Then I checked the carb rebuild kits it appears that they have that part in them.

To me it seems that you might be able to find a replacement washer at a Lowe's, Home Depot or something. I don't think that it was made out of some special metal. I could be completely wrong though and I am sure someone way more knowledgeable than me will come along to correct this.
              That's my stab at it.

BTW that's awesome that you're doing this with your daughter.

Comment

Thanks Kelticsol,

That means a lot. I will take a better look at the washer. We probably have them at work in the shop. I appreciate your interest and so does my daughter!

Mark

Comment

Hi,

Actually, the Radio Shack washers are quite handy for shimming the needles in our bikes. No kidding. Really, I'm serious. But I guess they might not fit everywhere in our carbs.

Perhaps you can check places like Sudco and Motorcyclecarbs.com for some specialty parts. There are lots of other vendor links in your "mega-welcome". If you can't find a "mega-welcome" just click the link below to my website and check the READ ME page.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks. I didn't mean to come off as a jerk, just thought some of the replies to be a little weird. I guess I can find the washers I am looking for locally. I'll look. Thanks, Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzhund View Post
                      Thanks. I didn't mean to come off as a jerk, just thought some of the replies to be a little weird. I guess I can find the washers I am looking for locally. I'll look. Thanks, Mark
                      First stop with any carb rebuild is an o-ring kit from cycleorings.com. They sell the O-rings for the carbs, plus the O-rings for the intake boots, plus the small washers you need. Aftermarket carb kits suck so don't use them unless all your brass jets are damaged. Get the O-ring kit and floatbowl gaskets, that's all you should need.

BTW, the archives has all this information. Instead of complaining about the answers you get to your question why not just look for the answer yourself in the archives?
                      Last edited by Nessism; 04-25-2010, 11:41 PM.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                        First stop with any carb rebuild is an o-ring kit from cycleorings.com. They sell the O-rings for the carbs, plus the O-rings for the intake boots, plus the small washers you need.
                        Hey! Good old Robert Barr. Are the washers a new thing? I hadn't noticed them before.

Mr. Fritzhund, did you get your "mega-welcome"? It has most of the information you'll need to get your classic GS restored to good running order. Feel free to visit my website and click on the READ ME page. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Wrong again Bill, Radio Shack DOES have them! Want me to send you some?!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                            Wrong again Bill, Radio Shack DOES have them! Want me to send you some?!!! Ray.
                            Again? Pi$$-off
                            I've got about 200 extra small washers from their set and they do not have that washer.
                            Why didn't you offer that guy the right washers instead of being a jerk.

I wasn't joking about Radio Shack. I was trying to help you not waste your time.
                            Last edited by chef1366; 04-26-2010, 02:42 AM.
                            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

I see you offered him the washers so I take back the jerk part.

Comment

Working...
                              X