Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS500 exhaust on GS450?

Hello,
    Ive read a few threads about the possibility of putting GS500 exhaust on a GS450, but there all open ended. Did any one ever do this? Does it work? If so, what years GS500 exhaust would fit?
    I thinking about this,

I haven't done this conversion. What I've read is that the 500 head has exhaust ports which are closer together, to clear the new frame. I have a MAC header on my 450, which the PO put on. It looks ok and sounds like a sick chainsaw. If your looking for a stock 450 exhaust I might be able to help you. Let me know.

Charlie G
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

If he not interested, I might be. could use one for wife's 450 maybe. terrylee

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
        I have a MAC header on my 450, which the PO put on. It looks ok and sounds like a sick chainsaw.
        That is sad to hear... I was thinking of a Mac to replace my glasspac homebrew PO jobbie exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450 View Post
          That is sad to hear... I was thinking of a Mac to replace my glasspac homebrew PO jobbie exhaust.

I guess it's not quite that bad. I really don't mind the sound but it is a bit tinney. If I knew how I'd post up a video with sound. Maybe when the kid gets home form college in two weeks. Don't take this the wrong way, but I really like your wife's S!

cg
          Last edited by Charlie G; 05-04-2010, 12:03 AM.
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
          X