Help with pilot jet info please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with pilot jet info please...

1981 1000G stock jets. Can somebody please tell me what kind and size this is? Or, does anybody have any they want to sell to me? Thanks.
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Can anybody help?
    Current Bikes:

Comment

I don't have any, but I'd bet that Sudco does.
      1979 GS 1000

Comment

Hi,

I found this on some guy's website. Your carbs should be listed here:

Suzuki GS Series Carb Specs

From your "mega-welcome":

Sudco International - Carburetor parts, Classic & Late Model Replacement & Performance Parts, etc.
        http://www.sudco.com/ (http://www.sudco.com/oemcarbparts.html)
        MotorcycleCarbs.com
        - Carburetor parts, etc.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
          I found this on some guy's website. ...
          I tell ya, "that guy" is a real know-it-all.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            I tell ya, "that guy" is a real know-it-all.

Nah, he's just a parrot.

BassCliff

Comment

Ok, I guess I'm an idiot, because I'm having trouble nailing down exactly what I need. From Sudco's website, combined with "that guy's" PDF, it looks like I have a BS34SS carb and I need Sudco's pilot jet number 004-058. But, I'm not getting a warm/fuzzy feeling about this.
              Current Bikes:

Comment

Hi,

I'm looking on page 135 of their catalog for Mikuni pilot jets.

Applications: Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha with OEM (BS) CV Carburetors.

Size #40 is their order number 004-058. Seems you have the right stuff.

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for the warm fuzzy!!

The very cool part is that I succeeded in getting those stuck pilots out. Way easier than I thought it would be. I went and bought a screw extractor that looks like a tapered drill bit with the threads going backwards. Drilled a small pilot (punn intended) hole, tapped the extractor into it and only had to turn it out by hand. There were two stuck ones. The first one, I heated up, and sprayed PB blaster in there. Came right now. The second one, I skipped the heat and it still came right out. Now I guess I'm in waiting mode again until new pilots come in. Gotta get 'em ordered now that I know for sure what they are. And, the pilot that I pulled that was for the cylinder that wasn't firing was completely closed up.
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

I may have the pilot jets.
                    I'll have a look tomorrow.

I got one of those parrots from my Sous Chef when he went to Vegas. It's lovely. It tells me to go fvck myself.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The very cool part is that I succeeded in getting those stuck pilots out. Way easier than I thought it would be. I went and bought a screw extractor that looks like a tapered drill bit with the threads going backwards. Drilled a small pilot (punn intended) hole, tapped the extractor into it and only had to turn it out by hand. There were two stuck ones. The first one, I heated up, and sprayed PB blaster in there. Came right now. The second one, I skipped the heat and it still came right out. Now I guess I'm in waiting mode again until new pilots come in. Gotta get 'em ordered now that I know for sure what they are. And, the pilot that I pulled that was for the cylinder that wasn't firing was completely closed up.
                      Glad you finally got them out. You may want to dip the carbs again or at least spray them out really good just to make sure there are no bits of metal or other crap inside them.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
                        Glad you finally got them out. You may want to dip the carbs again or at least spray them out really good just to make sure there are no bits of metal or other crap inside them.
                        Yep, I sprayed down inside all the pilot jet orifices and watched the carb cleaner come out the holes inside the throat. Seems to be hunky dorey. I'll do it again and hit it with some air before installing the jets though.
                        Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                          Yep, I sprayed down inside all the pilot jet orifices and watched the carb cleaner come out the holes inside the throat. Seems to be hunky dorey. I'll do it again and hit it with some air before installing the jets though.
                          So you didn't try teddux's way?
                          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                            So you didn't try teddux's way?
                            What way is that?
                            Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                              What way is that?
                              Sorry it was a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X