Petcock won't turn off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock won't turn off?

I am trying to take my tank off to get at a few things and am having trouble with my petcock. Even in the ON position it is leaking a LOT of fuel out of the spigot. No leaks on the outside at all, bike runs fine. I know I need to drain the tank and investigate, but would like some pointers on where to start. Is there a crush washer in there that needs tweaking?

Scott

REPLACE IT!

Do not waste your time trying to rebuild it unless you have done it befor. Notorious problem. Use the "search" option and you will see resolutions out the wazzu!

Comment

K1 enterprises for a rpl petcock would be my rec That is what I did and now I dont worry about THAT part of the system

Comment

Originally posted by tlepac View Post
        K1 enterprises for a rpl petcock would be my rec That is what I did and now I dont worry about THAT part of the system
        I know a lot of us use Z1, evidently tlepac has some inside information about K1.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks

I probably should have guessed you all would suggest a new one. I have used pingel in the past. Would I just plug the vacuum hole then?

Oh, and I did a search and it came up with only three posts with a leaky petcock in the "Fuel" board. Guess I should have searched the general boards instead....

Scott

Comment

yes, plug the vacuum hole.

Comment

Ordered

Just ordered new stuff from Z1. Thanks guys.

Scott

Comment

OOPS Sorry just a Senior moment! Thanks for the correction Steve!

Comment

Working...
                X