Exhaust mod inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust mod inquiry

Hey guys! So I just got my 81 GS650Eback together from extensive work over. So I get the tags for it last week and ride the **** out of it and love it except....

The exhaust is to timid.... I know guys that guys with other type of bikes have drilled holes in there mufflers to give it a lil more character. Anyone drilled there mufflers and if you did where the f! did you drill? Just the end plate or what??? Any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated!!!

Now I haven't done anything to my stock exhaust yet BUT I was told that if you drill out holes in the exhaust plate, at the back end, you'll get a little bit louder. You won't have to rejet the carbs either. Do this one hole at a time per side to get the desired sound.

Comment

I can say from experience that it will make it a little bit louder. I just got a 1/2 drill bit and made two holes in each plate. You being the rider will tell a difference, but truthfully anyone else probably wont be able to tell. Make sure you shim the needles if you do this because drilling will make it slightly even more lean. I ended up switching the stock exhaust after about a year for some HD takeaways and love the new bark coming from my GS.

Kev

Comment

hmm

what do you other gs guys think about this?.. sounds... interesting..
        i want to make my exhaust louder too..

Comment

me personally? I would leave your impossible to find stock exhaust on a shelf and try to find an aftermarket pipe or something, or at least a rattier example of stock at a junkers or something and butcher that one.

I found a MAC pipe and put a supertrapp can on it sounds awesome and was only a few hundred all in...

Comment

Working...
          X