sending unit fuel area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sending unit fuel area

Hi, I am contemplating my second gs purchase. I am considering an 82 believed to be a glx, the front fender shows gl at least. We couldnt get it started well, he appears to have overfilled it with oil, such that oil is coming out all over dripping. From the fuel filters or nearby. There is what looks to be a breather hose at the top of the engine, he has a filter on it, but the filter is connected to the tube on the tank that looks to be the sending unit for gas level. He has themanual, a haynes I believe and it doesnt specify what is what. Can anyone clarify this for me, what is the tube at the sending unit for, carb vaccuum or what.

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. banditom,

You should see two lines coming from the fuel gauge send unit. One is just an overflow hose in case the send unit leaks. The other is the wire to the fuel gage. In the picture below the tank is upside down.

The breather hose at the top of the engine, in the stock configuration, should go to the inlet on the top of the airbox. If the airbox is gone and pod filters are installed, then the breather hose should have a filter on the end or perhaps running in to some kind of catch basin (bottle, can, jar).

Anyway, I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Hey Ed

You should put out a book and sell it to us all as a little side line! NICE PIC

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by tlepac View Post
        Hey Ed

You should put out a book and sell it to us all as a little side line! NICE PIC

Terry
        Hi Terry,

Just visit my website (link below, in my sig). There are lots of guides with pictures and lots of information to help keep your bike on the road.

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff

Comment

Ed

Been there and done that and thank you very much! Had a great ride here today in MN thanks in no small part to you! How is Jesse doing? Hope all is well

regards

Terry

Comment

Working...
          X