seafoam & air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seafoam & air filter

so i got my bike started kinda... well it starts and idles around 3-4k rpm when i give just a little throttle it dies out.... i wanted to run some seafoam through the carbs... how should i go about doing this? plus what do u guys use for an air filter... i have a gs450t

Have you replaced your carb o-rings?
    I run a K&N in the air filter box.
    Never seafoamed, so I can't help there.

Comment

Short cuts are long cuts when it comes to carb cleaning.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Directions are on sea foam bottle. I pour in to tank during fill up. Use right ratio from bottle. Works decent if I use every oilchange it percent carna from getting nasty and cleans them a bit but won't work miracles if carb are badly plugged.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2010, 10:06 AM.

Comment

In case you missed your "Mega-Welcome"

Hi Mr. mathew13,

In your "mega-welcome" you will find a couple of maintenance lists that will lead you down the path of GS nirvana, if you take no shortcuts. If you stray from the path you will be cursed with stuttering performance, hard starts, dead batteries, and become stranded on the side of the path instead of riding briskly down the path. Do it right the first time. Let's get started...

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

check your tank, is there rust in it? If so, you need to get it out, one way or another. There are a few different routes you can go to DIY, but if you have a radiator shop in your area, they can clean it out and coat the inside of your tank so it never rusts again (I went that route myself). I had similar problems with my 80 450E. I first put in Techron, the Seafoam, and finally pulled the tank off and injected Seafoam directly into the carbs and ran it. This helped, but it's still a bandaid. What really did the job was pulling the carbs out and thoroughly cleaning them. I have a buddy with a parts cleaner who cleaned them out for me. I also replaced the airbox boots, the intake boots and 0-rings, and used the stainless allen head cap screws from Robert Barr on the intake boots. I did this just recently, so if you need help let me know. It's not a terribly hard job. Good luck, you have a great motorcycle there. When it's tuned up and running right, it's a ton of fun.

Comment

oh yeah, post some pictures of your bike!

Comment

Working...
              X