83 gs750es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs750es

my 83 gs750es runs good at idle but boggs at 1/4 throdle i t has a 4 into 1 and emgo air pods aslo just cleaned the carbs any ideas on whats wrong

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. bearbear,

Have your carbs been properly jetted for the modified intake and exhaust? The cheap Emgo pod filters are especially difficult to jet.

Anyway, I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

i ordered a dynojet stage 3 kit yesterday witch size is recumened for my set up

Comment

install the jet kit as per the instructions 100% and your life will be good.
        don't second guess the manufacturer...read and understand what they need and what they want you to do.
        emgo= you get what you pay for..trash/garbage/crap/junk/kah kah ect..
        get a set of APE K&N look a likes for 60 ish bucks..proven and 100% compatible with your dynojet ST.3 kit.
        don't oil...just clamp them on when the J K is installed.

Comment

k thanks ill give it a shot. whats a good place to get a cheap carb sync tool or is there a good one i could make

Comment

sync tool

please help ive seen build your own sync tool online are they worth the trouble and do they work

Comment

Originally posted by bearbear View Post
              please help ive seen build your own sync tool online are they worth the trouble and do they work
              You can't go wrong with a CarbTune from carbtune.com

I think I paid about $100 for mine about four years ago and if I've charged my friends $20 a pop to tune their carbs it would have paid for itself a couple of times over by now. I doubt you could go to a shop and have them balance your carbs (and do it right) for much less than $100 so I consider it a really good investment.

/\/\ac

Comment

thanks for the info im broke after peiceing back together my 83 gs750es so was trying to find cheapest way. anybody live close to vancouver wa that wouldent charge to much to help me or teach me how to sync the carbs and adjust the valves

Comment

Working...
                X