Need help wit carbs gs650 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help wit carbs gs650 83

i HAVE A650 we rebuilt the carbs on it.we took the airbox off.To much trouble to put back on.i have put foam filters on it and sweat armbands around those to block off the air more.It will start and run but when you throttle it it gets to 5000 rpm and starts bogging down.i am not sure what is going on here.It has the cv carbs on it.I was told to take out the slides out of the top and put a (.030 washer to bring the needle up) and also to rejet.
    need help...
    Last edited by Guest; 05-27-2010, 12:48 PM. Reason: miss spelled

The engine is running too LEAN now! Too much air & not enough fuel! Either put the airbox back on or buy a jet kit. Ray.

Comment

What about what the suzuki guy said about putting a washer in between the needle .so the needle comes out of the jet sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        The engine is running too LEAN now! Too much air & not enough fuel! Either put the airbox back on or buy a jet kit. Ray.
        My lack of knowledge has to become aparent here, but I need to ask. The same way some guys here weld a bumper washer to the muffler end of a header to maintain backpresure while using say Hardly take offs, can one reduce the size of the filter outlet to reduce air volume an thus avoid leaning the mixture? say the equivalent to the size of the intake hole of the airbox? Why would this not work? All we are talking about here is air volume right?

Comment

Or you could just go to your local motorcycle dealership and buy larger jets and do it the right way. If you are able to get it up to 5K before it bogs then you probably aren't too far off on the main jet size... So go buy some jets that are a few sizes larger and try that. Be sure to check your spark plugs to make sure you aren't running lean.

Comment

Working...
          X