Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jets

80' Gs850, putting carbs back to stock. Kits came with two #1 air jets, a 190
    and a 180. Can anyone recommend which one I should use. The carb specs
    on Bascliff's site refer to this jet as a 1.7, http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...at_height.html

TIA
    Jim

Hi,

The aftermarket carb kits are usually not recommended as they contain inferior parts. Clean and reuse the stock parts and reassemble your carbs with an O-ring kit from http://cycleorings.com. That's all you need. Did you get yourself a can of Berryman's Carb Dip and follow the one and only Carb Rebuild Series?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

The carbs were jetted for a pipe and pods years ago. I'm putting a stock exhaust and air box back on it. Carbs have been dipped and o-rings have
      been changed with cycleorings. I like to get this right the first time. Being that the carbs are such a bear to get in and out. Hence the reason I need
      to know the air jet size of 180 or 190.

Thanks,
      Jim

Comment

Hi,

Are you sure your bike is a 1980? Are we talking about VM26SS carbs or BS34SS carbs?

From the Carb Spec thread, here's a page from a Hayne's manual:

If you check the chart here; Suzuki GS Series Carb Specs , you'll see the number 200 associated with the pilot air jet. I'm not sure what to tell you. I took a quick look at my manual and didn't see a spec for that part at all. I'll take a closer look. Did you download a manual from my site?

EDIT: I took a closer look through the manual. The #190 P.A.J. is associated with the GS850GX/GLX. The #180 P.A.J. is associated with the GS850GLZ/GD/GLD.

BassCliff
        Last edited by Guest; 05-30-2010, 02:54 AM.

Comment

1980 GS850GT(US) BS34SS, looks like its a 190. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by GSXXZRX View Post
            1980 GS850GT(US) BS34SS, looks like its a 190. Correct?
            Hi,

Yes, I think that's a good place to start. I think you'll be fine. I find it odd that the Suzuki factory manual didn't mention anything specific for 1980. Maybe I didn't use the right term when searching the PDF. I didn't take the time to read the entire manual. Did you download it from my site yet?

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
            X