gs550 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs550 carbs

1982 gs550l with cv carbs mikunis. alriht well i tore these carbs completly down and cleaned them inside and out and then put them back to gether. the slides work perfect and what now and the jets were all celaned bt there were to jets under the rubber plus that i could not get out. someone prevously had screw em up stripped em. the bike runs when i put them back on after sitting for 5yrs. im feeding the carbs with a small tank and fuel hose, not using the old rsty tank and crappy petcock on my clean cabrs lol. anyways when i started it it just seemed week and boggy like i could barley get the rpms up past 4000 rpm. i never bench syncroed the carbs becaus ei dont know how to and im not sure what a good starting point for the air screws would be so if ya cold share some info id appreciate it.

Start the idle air mixture screws at 2 turns out after gently tightening. Be sure the engine has warmed up 3 -5 min. It is cold natured thanks to leaner mixtures from factory. Be sure to check out : http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
    There is a wealth of info there! Thanks to BassCliff!!

Comment

anyone knwo where to get the new airbox rubbers

Comment

try Babbits.they have alot of oem stuff

Comment

Working...
        X