Air Box Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Box Options

Can anyone tell me if there is an aftermarket airbox for my GS1000. I don't have the stock, and am not really keen on replacing it with stock. I also don't really want to run pods, I have seen the square oval type on Honda's and the such, but would like to find one for the Zuk.

Thanx

Don't think so, never seen one
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Watch for them on eBay. Get the part number at PartShark, stick that in the search at BikeBandit. From there, look up all the models using that part number. Search eBay for air boxen for all those models.

I forgot to ask. Whassamatter with stock, if you don't want pods? Those are sorta the two options.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Bike has been heavily modified engine wise, and the stock airbox was not allowing as much air flow as I would like, and I just don't really like the look of pods, and they don't like to run in the rain we have here on the westcoast of Canada. Guess maybe it will be time to Fab up my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post
          Bike has been heavily modified engine wise, and the stock airbox was not allowing as much air flow as I would like, and I just don't really like the look of pods, and they don't like to run in the rain we have here on the westcoast of Canada. Guess maybe it will be time to Fab up my own.
          If so, we'd like pics when you're done, of course...

Perhaps pods inside a dummy box would still flow well, and be protected from the rain. I couldn't guess at your flow needs even if I knew what mods you've already done. Maybe someone else here could.
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Put an ad on here and look on ebay for an airbox, I just bought one for my GS1100 of the wanted ads. You can drill extra holes or if possable leave the top off. I have an 1100 so I dont know what a 1000 air box looks like.

Comment

Working...
            X