got the bike running now i have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got the bike running now i have questions

so i got her running and when i first start her up as far as i know shes ideling pretty god at about 1200...i go out on the road for a few laps and initially it seemed as though she was stuck in the lower rpm's...almost like it was trying to rev up there but just didnt want it to...well after a few times of pushin her its almost like someone flippet a switch and she sang right up to 7000 with no problems gettin it up there from then on...but now there is another issue...for some reason as the bike warms up and is run through its paces it wants to idle around 3000....i can adjust the idle speed back down to 1200 from there but after the bike cools down and i go to start her again it dosnt want to stay running until i bump the screw up a little...any insight?

Did you replace the intake o-rings? If not...THAT will most likely be the problem. Mine did the same thing and only after the intake o-rings were replaced, did the little problem go away.

Your symptoms are THE CLASSIC sign of air getting into the cylinders, after the carbs. There is only two places it can do this. The clamps for the intake rubbers OR the o-rings OR both...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
      Did you replace the intake o-rings? If not...THAT will most likely be the problem. Mine did the same thing and only after the intake o-rings were replaced, did the little problem go away.

Your symptoms are THE CLASSIC sign of air getting into the cylinders, after the carbs. There is only two places it can do this. The clamps for the intake rubbers OR the o-rings OR both...
      i did replace the o-rings but i did notice some of my clamps arnt tightening as well as they probably should...i will go ahead and replace those...also could they be leaking where the rubber boot meets the metal plate they are atached to?

Comment

Originally posted by shibby_cbs View Post
        i did replace the o-rings but i did notice some of my clamps arnt tightening as well as they probably should...i will go ahead and replace those...also could they be leaking where the rubber boot meets the metal plate they are atached to?
        They sure can. I've seen them seperate from the metal plate, on the underside, and not even be seen without a teardown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
          They sure can. I've seen them seperate from the metal plate, on the underside, and not even be seen without a teardown.
          when i first tore down the carbs one boot had completly detached from the plate....i got some off of ebay that looked to be in good condition and replaced 3 out of 4 of the origionals that were on my bike with the ebay ones...i visually inspected the oned that i put on there and they all seemed ok...i will replace the clamps first and see hwat that does and then if i have to pull the carbs again and maybe put a bead of silicone around the boots where they meet the plate...also i noticed on my bike that there is no clamp around the rubber boot where the air box connects to the plastic coupler thing attached to the back of the carbs...i would imagine somethin is supposed to be there correct?

Comment

Working...
          X