Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Velocty Stacks/K&N Pods, whats differnce in jet sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velocty Stacks/K&N Pods, whats differnce in jet sizes?

Hello,
    I rejetted my 1980 GS450L for Emgo PODS. While rejetting, taking the pods on and off again messed up the cheap emgo's. Now im thinking of getting either K&N Pods or velocity stacks.
    My question is, how do the jetting increases compare between velocity stacks and KN Pods?
    How big of a jump do people do when they put on stacks?
    Is it a much bigger increase for stacks than for KN Pods?
    Thanks!
    DG

My bike runs good without the K&Ns installed so it'll be close.
    Get the filters. Don't run without them.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks! by the get the filters do you mean go with the pods?

Comment

Use the K&N filters. Stacks have their own look but are damaging to the engine. Even the little screens you can find are near useless for filtering.
        The power difference of stacks and K&N pods is less than 1 HP and only at high rpm's, 7500 to redline, at least on the GS 750/1000's.
        On a smaller bike the difference figures to be even less.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Do the pods DJG, for two reasons.

1. You don't want loose little bits of gravel and other wonderful little things like that getting sucked in there.

2. I want to know what jets you use with them because I want to do the same thing but that's a while away for me yet.

Oh, and what exhaust do you run? I expect to end up with a completely custom exhaust at the moment...
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
          X